In a grand piece of political theater, Wisconsin Republicans passed a measure 17-15 in their senate that would require an ultrasound prior to an abortion. "Theater" because they had the votes already and because it gave them the chance to grandstand "passionately" about this particularly ridiculous law (the idea being that if the uninformed baby vessel got to see what she was killing, no abortions--like she didn't know what she was doing and wandered into a clinic looking for a bagel and cream cheese and walked out sans fetus).
Or maybe that the idea being that if you make the already ugly and gruesome abortion procedure into a humiliating, painful, degrading and drawn out marathon of misery, the wimmens will be less likely to "kill their babies".
OK. That does make sense in its way. But.......
The male half of these pregnancies don't seem to have a parallel punishment. Why is that? Why not a law that requires that a physician stick a biopsy needle down the ureter to let the "offending party feel the pain of a baby's death?"
Makes sense to me.
Most Commented On
- And you wonder why people - December 21, 2013
- I agree. Marcos has a really - December 21, 2013
- wine bars - December 21, 2013
- "That's how the shuttles came - December 21, 2013
- Amen! - December 21, 2013
- God forbid that people have - December 21, 2013
- You can't seriously be so - December 21, 2013
- Nonsensical statement tying in disparate issues - December 21, 2013
- Excellent idea, since these - December 21, 2013
- The revolution won't be a tea party - December 21, 2013